Redskins franchise QB Kirk Cousins mentioned during an interview with ESPN’s Adam Schefter that he never demanded a trade out of Washington.
“I laughed and thought, ‘I don’t know where that comes from because that wasn’t the case,’” Cousins said,via ESPN.com. “Somehow it got twisted to where an employee of the store is using the word demanded. That’s not the approach I took. . . .
“In this league, things change so fast and players can get blindsided all the time with decisions. They’ll cut you on your birthday. They’ll cut you on the day your child is born. They’ll cut you on Christmas Eve. You never know what will happen. I’ll always keep an open mind so I won’t get blindsided, but from what I heard in conversations, I felt very much supported and felt the owner and president of the team want me to be the quarterback there and to be the quarterback there for a long time.”
- Mary Kay Cabot mentions that she is “not getting the vibe” that the Browns have any interest in free agent QB Geno Smith, despite a recent report that they could be a team to watch for him. (NFLTR)
- Stephen Holder mentions that the Colts haven’t closed the door on possibly bringing back free agent DB Darius Butler. However, Holder can’t say for sure a return to Indianapolis is a serious option.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald confirms the Dolphins’ reported interest in free agent CB Nickell Robey-Coleman.
- Jackson mentions that the Dolphins’ preference would be to sign a “cheap, young corner who could ideally play in the slot, excel on special teams and doesn’t expect a ton of playing time.“
- As of now, the Dolphins have yet to reach out to free agent CB Sterling Moore, according to Jackson.
- Sources close to LB Koa Misi tell Jackson they’ve been given the impression that the Dolphins would prefer to keep him as long as he’s given a clean bill of health.