- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the 49ers and Broncos are looking like the most likely landing spots for Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan.
- Cole says that Shanahan was impressed with 49ers owner Jed York’s willingness to change the team’s culture after cleaning house.
- However, Cole mentions that the Broncos are still the most attractive job with a strong front office and defense in place.
- Howard Balzer reports that the practice squad contracts for LB Bryson Albright, WR Ed Eagan, G Isame Faciane, C Dalton Freeman, TE Manasseh Garner, S Damian Parms, and DE Greg Townsend all expired on Monday.
- The Cleveland Browns announced Monday that they’ve fired five coaches including DBs coach Louie Cioffi, ILBs coach Johnny Holland, OL coach Hal Hunter, assistant DBs Cannon Matthews and OLBs coach Ryan Slowik.
- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice.com has a great article up about five free agents who would make sense for the Eagles to target during the offseason. Kempski’s list includes WR DeSean Jackson, WR Kenny Stills, CB Stephon Gilmore, Lions DE Devin Taylor and FB Kyle Juszczyk.
- Ryan O’Halloran reports that the Jaguars have fired defensive backs coach DeWayne Walker.
- Jason La Canfora says that new HC Doug Marrone will be making many changes on the offensive side as well, but they will retain OC Nathaniel Hackett and TE coach Ron Middleton.
- O’Halloran points out that the Jaguars will likely be eliminating some positions on their staff.
- Howard Balzer reports that the practice squad contracts for DT Rodney Coe, WR Rashad Lawrence, WR Mekale McKay all expired on Monday.