Steelers free agent RB Le’Veon Bell mentioned that he’s still determining whether he’ll undergo offseason groin surgery.
“I’m kind of in the process of seeing a couple of doctors, seeing if I have to get surgery or not,” Bell said, via NFL.com. “I’m hoping for the best, but I understand it’s a tough game. If I don’t get surgery, I go into the rehab process, work hard, get back to how I was last year, or actually, better. I’m going to take it from there.”
Bell added that he’s hoping to re-sign with the Steelers this offseason.
“Obviously, I want to play with the Steelers. I don’t want to change teams and things like that,” Bell said. “Hopefully we get all that settled, and hopefully they show some love because obviously I feel like I’m the best running back in the league.”
We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2017 Free Agents list.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars announced Wednesday that they’ve finalized their 2017 coaching staff that consists of 19-member and includes seven assistants returning from last season.
- Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer report that the Panthers are expected to promote defensive assistant Curtis Fuller to their secondary coach position.
- Mike Jones of the Washington Post considers QB Kirk Cousins, WR Pierre Garcon, TE Vernon Davis, RB Chris Thompson, ILB Will Compton, WR Maurice Harris, S Josh Evans, T Vinston Painter, DT Matt Ioannidis, CB Dashaun Phillips and OLB Lynden Trail all to be players worth re-signing for the Redskins.
- Jones mentions that Washington should also consider bringing back DL Chris Baker, S Duke Ihenacho, T Ty Nsekhe and ILB Terence Garvin.
- As for free agents he believes the Redskins should allow to sign else, Jones lists WR DeSean Jackson, DE Ziggy Hood, DE Cullen Jenkins, DL Kedric Golston, CB Greg Toler, and S Donte Whitner.