- According to Michael Rothstein, the top battle worth keeping an eye on for the Lions this summer is at right tackle between LaAdrian Waddle and Cornelius Lucas.
- Another position battle of note is the defensive tackle job next to Haloti Ngata between Tyrunn Walker, Caraun Reid, and Gabe Wright.
- Rothstein says to watch out for Quandre Diggs in regards to the Lions’ nickel corner job, as he has been impressing a bunch of people so far this offseason.
- While the Lions expect DT Haloti Ngata to have a big role for them in 2015, Rothstein mentions that they’re also realistic about the situation.
- Rob Demovsky rules out the idea of the Packers using fifth-round QB Brett Hundley as a two-point conversion specialist in 2015, given that this would require them to keep three quarterbacks on their 6-man game-day roster.
- According to Demovksy, Green Bay appears to be comfortable allowing fourth-round pick ILB Jake Ryan to get acclimated slowly rather than throwing him into the mix right away.
- The expectation right now that the Packers will use Clay Matthews some at inside linebacker next to Sam Barrington.
- Demovsky doesn’t rule out the possibility that the Packers keep two fullbacks on their roster with sixth-round pick Aaron Ripkowski possibly seeing time as a blocking tight end.
- According to John Keim of ESPN, Redskins second-round pick OLB Preston Smith has a “ways to go” in his development before he’ll be able to push Trent Murphy for the starting job.
- As for Murphy, Keim expects Washington to line him up all over the place this season.
- Keim writes the fact that LT Trent Williams‘ is still dealing with issues in regards to his foot is a little concerning given how long he’s dealt with this particular injury.
- Keim can see DeSean Jackson being back with the team in 2016 if he’s able to produce this season. However, Keim doesn’t rule out the possibility that the Redskins could move on next year if Jackson struggles.
- Keim expects S Jeron Johnson to be out Duke Ihenacho for one of the starting safety jobs.
- In regards to the team’s starting cornerbacks, Keim expects DeAngelo Hall and Chris Culliver to be the team’s starters while Bashaud Breeland operates in the slot.
- Ben Goessling considers Shaun Hill to be a serviceable enough backup quarterback to handle the team’s offense for a short period of time in the event Teddy Bridgewater gets hurt.
- Goessling can see the Vikings adding more wrinkles in terms of their blitz package in year two of Mike Zimmer’s defense.
- Goessling writes that it’s not unrealistic to think the Vikings can be a top-10 defense in 2015.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!