- TMZ reports that Panthers LT Michael Oher turned himself into police on Tuesday after he was cited for an incident that took place in Nashville in which he allegedly pushed and kicked an Uber driver (NFLTR).
- Oher was given a citation for misdemeanor assault and had been ordered to appear for booking on May 8.
“The thing you know about our team, and it really doesn’t matter what the position is, guys are willing to help,” Reid said Monday, via Pro Football Talk. “That’s a ‘Catch-22’ by [Smith] knows [Mahomes is] going to be right behind him. . . . [Smith] sure can help and he will. That’s how he’s wired. But he’s also going to get himself ready to roll.”
- ESPN’s Jordan Raanan writes that the Giants could make some free agent additions in the coming days now that signing players will no longer count against compensatory picks after today.
- Raanan believes they could use help at cornerback and offensive tackle and suggests Ryan Clady, Austin Pasztor and King Dunlap as some options to monitor.
- It’s possible the Giants could look to add a defensive back or a defensive tackle with Dan Williams and Jared Odrick being possibilities, according to Raanan.
- Raanan says that the Giants interest in RB LeGarrette Blount appears to have “cooled” now that they used a fourth-round pick on Wayne Gallman, but there’s at least a chance they could sign him if the price is right.