Jack, however, has said that he doesn’t deserve these kinds of comparisons right now.
“When I hear I am compared to him, I am kind of like, ‘slow down, put on the brakes,'” Jack said. “I have to earn that. I have to climb the ladder before I can be mentioned with him, my name and his name in the same breath. He’ll be remembered for generations. Everybody knows Ray Lewis. You can’t compare yourself to idols. You want to model your game after it, but comparing me to him is too fast. I want to get there, but slow down.”
Although, Lance Zierlein of NFL.com still considers it an interesting comparison for one of the more intriguing players in this year’s draft class.
“It is an interesting comparison because Ray Lewis was a faster, smaller player when he came into the league,” Zierlein said. “He bulked up later. Both are aggressive, alpha-types with range. Lewis was more instinctive and Jack is able to excel in areas of coverage that Lewis wouldn’t be able to.”
- According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, there’s no hard deadline for the Broncos to pursue a trade for 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick.
- Even so, Renck wouldn’t be surprised if April 18, which is when offseason workouts begin, ends up being an expiration date.
- Renck mentions that the Broncos do like Kaepernick, but they’re still unlikely to agree to anything that fits their terms.
- Denver could consider alternatives options such as Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer, or Mike Glennon, who have come up as potential trade options.
- Of course, they could still look to the draft for a long-term solution at quarterback.
Jon Machota has the full list of prospects that have visited with the Cowboys in recent weeks, which includes:
- N.C. State QB Jacoby Brissett
- Oregon DL DeForest Buckner
- Ohio State DE Joey Bosa
- Pittsburgh WR Tyler Boyd
- Michigan State QB Connor Cook
- Clemson DE Kevin Dodd
- Alabama RB Kenyan Drake
- Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott
- Notre Dame WR Will Fuller
- Cal QB Jared Goff
- Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg
- Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves
- Alabama RB Derrick Henry
- West Virginia S Karl Joseph
- Clemson DE Shaq Lawson
- Memphis QB Paxton Lynch
- UCLA RB Paul Perkins
- Notre Dame RB C.J. Prosise
- Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey
- Louisville DL Sheldon Rankins
- Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell
- North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz
- Norfolk St LB Deion King
- Missouri G Connor McGovern
- Oregon State G Isaac Seumalo
- UCLA DT Kenny Clark
- Colorado State LB Corey James
- Norfolk State LB Deon King
- James Walker of ESPN reports that the Dolphins have been showing interest in Boise State OL Rees Odhiambo, who could end up being a non-first round sleeper for Miami.