Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson addressed his suspension on Thursday at his foundation’s annual fundraiser.
“Definitely, definitely sorry what broke out today. … I think you guys understand my character and also understand my commitment on and off the field, and also to my teammates and also to the Arizona Cardinals organization,” Peterson said, via ESPN.com. “That’s why this is apparently very, very hard for me ’cause obviously I’ve never been in this situation before and I never wanted to have my name attached to anything like this.
“I’m looking to move forward and put this behind me. I want to thank my family, my teammates, the coaching staff, the Arizona Cardinals community and also the organization. And I’m looking forward to getting back Week 7. I’m going to continue to try to keep that smile on my face and get back to being the best DB in the league.”
- Josh Weinfuss reports that Peterson is privately very curious at who leaked the suspension because the timing was a little too coincidental to him.
- Weinfuss has been told by sources that there’s still a deep fracture between Peterson and the Cardinals stemming from what someone in the front office said to him in April. The comments that upset Peterson were based on the situation surrounding his suspension.
- According to Weinfuss, the core of Peterson’s issues with the team began when he approached GM Steve Keim about restructuring his contract to make more cash available immediately and Keim said no.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Cardinals are likely to give Tramaine Brock the first shot to replace Peterson.
- Veteran LB Brandon Marshall said that the Cardinals expressed interest early in free agency before his market went quiet. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Neil Stratton reports that the Titans are naming Patrick Woo their new College Scouting Coordinator.
- According to Paul Kuharsky, the Titans signed DL Brent Urban to a one-year contract that includes a $250,000 signing bonus and an $850,000 base salary. Urban can earn another $150,000 in per-game active roster bonuses.