Peyton Manning & Dolphins
Peyton Manning visited with the Dolphins this offseason and met specifically with new HC Adam Gase and QB Ryan Tannehill.
“It was really cool,” Tannehill told Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “A guy that had his career, the living legend he is, coming off a Super Bowl winning season — it was really cool just to be able to sit and pick his brain about things he’s done in this offense and football things in general: snap counts, things you like, the way you want guys to run routes, little details about the game. We really just got to talk the game, which is something we both love.”
Tannehill added that Manning offered him some incite into Gase’s offense during the period he wasn’t able to meet with the coaching staff.
“At that time, we weren’t able to meet with the coaches or anything, so I didn’t really have a great handle yet,” Tannehill said. “So I wasn’t really able to dive into the playbook too much. So I had a few questions [for Manning]. If he comes back now, we can have a completely different conversation.”
- Louisville OL Kelby Johnson announced that he’s signed with the Buccaneers following his tryout during their rookie minicamp.
- Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic writes that although Cardinals will likely ask Justin Bethel to replace Jerraud Powers this year, they could still use some help at cornerback.
- Somers adds that it would probably be a stretch for third-round pick Brandon Williams to play a sizable roll in his rookie season.
- Another area of need for Arizona is at right tackle now that Bobby Massie departed in free agency.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians is confident that former first-round OT D.J. Humphries is ready to step in and start for them, but there still isn’t much in terms of depth at tackle.