“I don’t talk about my contract. I never have in 18 years and I’m not going to start now,”Manning said Wednesday afternoon. “I’ve been working real hard and I’m excited to be back with the Denver Broncos. Can’t wait for April 13 to get here when the team can finally come together. I’m excited to get to work and get to know the new coaches and looking forward to trying to make 2015 a special year.”
Klis reports that when negotiations began between the Broncos and Manning, the team was seeking a “far more severe pay cut than $4 million.“
However, the Broncos weren’t seeking salary-cap relief as much as their were looking to free up some cash, according to Klis.
- Jordan Raanan expects the Giants to “check in” on free agent S Devin McCourty, as well as the Eagles, Patriots and others.
- Texas A&M TE Cameron Clear has scheduled visits with scouts from the Patriots, 49ers, and Browns Wednesday, as well as the Steelers next week. (Charean Williams)
- Texas A&M RB Trey Williams will meet with the Texans in Houston on April 11. (Charean Williams)
- Team representatives believe the Packers and Cowboys could look at Mississippi State LB Benardrick McKinney at the end of round 1, as he displayed ability as a pass rusher during his pro day. (Tony Pauline)
- Pauline calls the Texans a “surprise team” that could be interested in McKinney. (Tony Pauline)
- Texas A&M CB Deshazor Everett met with the Buccaneers, Panthers and Texans after his pro day. (Tony Pauline)
- During the James Madison pro day, DE/OLB Sage Harold was clocked in the 40 under 4.7 seconds and WR Daniel Brown was clocked in the mid 4.5s despite being 6-4 1/2 and weighing 227 pounds. (Tony Pauline)
- The Patriots signed LS Tyler Ott. (Aaron Wilson)