- Chargers QB Philip Rivers reiterated Saturday that there is nothing new to report regarding his contract status. (Alex Marvez)
- San Diego has “10-12 days” to address his contract or talks are likely to be put to rest until next year. (Alex Marvez)
- According to Rand Getlin, the hamstring injury sustained by Browns RB Duke Johnson isn’t thought to be serious, and the expectation right now is that he won’t miss significant time.
Mike Jurecki takes a shot at projecting the Cardinals’ 53-man roster. Here are some notable players who didn’t make the team:
- Jurecki only has the Cardinals keeping two quarterbacks, which leaves Logan Thomas, Chandler Harnish, and Phillip Sims as roster cuts. However, Jurecki adds that Arizona is likely to sign either Sims or Thomas to their practice squad.
- Some notable skill position cuts include RB Marion Grice and fifth-round pick WR J.J. Nelson.
- Fellow fifth-round selection LB Shaq Riddick is also among Jurecki’s projected roster cuts.
- Jaguars HC Gus Bradley said he has not had any contact with suspended WR Justin Blackmon or any of his representatives. (Florida Times Union)
- Bradley declined to give a timetable on when DE Chris Clemons will be cleared to practice. (Florida Times Union)