Dan Graziano of ESPN predicts the next big-money quarterback deals now that the Raiders have locked up Derek Carr long term.
According to Graziano, the quarterbacks to watch are:
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford
- Saints QB Drew Brees
- Patriots QB Tom Brady
- Vikings QB Sam Bradford
- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins
- Falcons QB Matt Ryan
- Jaguars QB Blake Bortles
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- James Walker of ESPN offers some projections for QB Ryan Tannehill, RB Jay Ajayi and TE Julius Thomas for the upcoming season.
- Walker envisions a more productive year from Tannehill in terms of yards and touchdowns: 3,875 yards, 25 touchdowns, 15 interceptions.
- Walker also expects Ajayi to increase his rushing yards to 1,435 and his touchdowns to 12 this season.
- As for Thomas, Walker expects him to bounce back and projects 43 receptions, 520 yards, and seven touchdowns from him.
Giants K Aldrick Rosas says he believes being unknown is kind of an advantage for him.
“In a way I kind of look at it as an advantage,” Rosas said, via Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. “You see a guy out there, where did he come from or who is that guy? It kind of keeps me off a lot of talk.”
As of now, Rosas is the only kicker on the Giants’ roster, but he’s well aware of the fact that he’ll still have to win the job this summer.
“My mentality is there’s no free spots in the NFL,” Rosas said. “I just come in here and try to do my job, focus on the things I can do. Upper management, I try to stay out of all that other stuff, all the transactions.”