Home Seahawks NFL Notes: Roger Goodell, Redskins, Seahawks & Steelers
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the NFL and the NFLPA are expected to discuss Roger Goodell’s power over player discipline in the near future.
- If the owners are to reduce Goodell’s disciplinary power, they would want some sort of extension to the current CBA agreement.
- Cole adds that they may be willing to give up say over off-the-field incidents, but the owner would prefer to maintain control over on-the-field issues like DeflateGate.
- Seahawks CB Brandon Browner said that he had an offer from the Redskins, but elected re-sign with Seattle because it was “a no-brainer’‘ from him. (Bob Condotta)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters on Thursday that RB Marshawn Lynch has not talked to the team about returning for the 2016 season. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll said that TE Jimmy Graham (patellar tendon) and RB Thomas Rawls (ankle) are making “good progress” and they’re hoping they can been be ready for the start of the season. (Bob Condotta)
- Furthermore, Carroll said the team is “kind of counting on” Graham and Rawls being available for Week 1. (Gregg Bell)
- Veteran DE Chris Clemons was not in attendance for OTAs on Thursday. Carroll said that Clemens was taking advantage of the fact these are voluntary workouts. (Bob Condotta)
- Jason Cole reports that the Steelers are hopeful Markus Wheaton will be able to step into the role of No. 2 receiver role this season.
- Steelers OC Todd Haley said that Sammie Coates has had an impressive offseason.
- Cole mentions that free agent acquisition TE Ladarius Green figures to be another important offensive weapon, as he’ll be asked to replace long-time TE Heath Miller.