Veteran WR Santonio Holmes mentioned that he’s still waiting for another opportunity in the NFL.
“I’m just waiting for that call,” Holmes said in an interview with Joe Starkey of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Chiefs will be without starting ILB Josh Mauga (groin) for the Sunday match up against the Vikings.
- The Chiefs are likely to turn to fourth-round pick ILB Ramik Wilson, who started last week’s game for Mauga, according to Caplan.
- Giants HC Tom Coughlin said that WR Odell Beckham Jr. (hamstring) will not practice today, but is “coming along.“
- Coughlin said that LBs Jon Beason and Jonathan Casillas will both put in limited practices on Friday.
- According to Coughlin, DE Robert Ayers, WR Rueben Randle and DE George Selvie will practice.
Jaguars RB T.J. Yeldon‘s (groin) mentioned that his groin injury is “getting better” and he was able to run a bit this week.
“It’s getting better,” Yeldon said. “I ran a little bit today. We’ll see how it goes as we get closer to game day.”
- John Oehser reports that Yeldon was not at the Jaguars’ walkthrough on Friday, but is officially listed as questionable.
- The Jaguars ruled out WR Marqise Lee and RB Bernard Pierce for Week 6’s game against the Texans.
- DT Sen’Derrick Marks (knee) is probable for Sunday’s game.
Packers RB Eddie Lacy said that he’s hoping to play with less tape around his injured ankle this weekend, which may have been part of the reason for his limited production over the past few weeks.
“If I can warm up before the game without it then I’m not going to wear it,” Lacy said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy said that WR Davante Adams did more yesterday than they anticipated, but they’ll see what he’s able to do Friday before deciding his status for Week 7’s game. (Rob Demovsky)
- McCarthy added S Morgan Burnett also did more during Thursday’s practice than they expected. (Rob Demovsky)
- McCarthy said it’s looking like starting G T.J. Lang (knee) is on track to play Sunday against the Chargers. (Rob Demovsky)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!