- Jason Cole of B/R reports that most NFL teams view Stanford DE Solomon Thomas as the “clear No. 2 prospect” in this year’s draft class.
- Cole says that these teams monitoring the asking price of possibly trading up to the No. 2 overall pick with the 49ers to get him.
- According to Cole, some of them think it could be fairly affordable to trade up to No. 2 and view Thomas as potentially being an “extraordinary bargain.“
- Pittsburgh QB Nathan Peterman said he has visited with the Cardinals and Chargers, and worked out for the Jaguars. (Pro Football Talk)
- The Redskins are scheduled to fly to Alabama on Friday to meet with OLB/DE Ryan Anderson. (Adam Caplan)
- Houston OLB/DE Tyus Bowser took pre-draft visits and met with the Falcons, Dolphins, and Ravens. (Adam Caplan)
- Oklahoma LB Jordan Evans visited with the Bengals on Wednesday and has met with the Titans and Packers. (Aaron Wilson)
- UCF CB D.J. Killings worked out for the Patriots and Texans and took a pre-draft visit and met with the Packers. (Greg Auman)
Oklahoma RB Samaje Perine mentioned that the Buccaneers have shown the most interest in him throughout the draft process.
“I would have to say Tampa Bay just because they came down to Norman to work me out and they flew men out to tour their facility and to talk with all their coaches,’’ Perine told Pro Football Talk. “Other than them (the interest shown by other teams) has been pretty equal.’’
- Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff mentioned that he could see teams in draft spots 35-40 trying to move up to their No. 31 spot in the first round. (Vaughn McClure)
- Dimitroff added that they’re are looking to move under certain scenarios. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)