- Former Cowboys QB Tony Romo said the Texans were at the top of his wish list, but the offer from CBS was just too good for him to pass up. (Todd Archer)
- Romo said it was ultimately a “very difficult decision” for him to make: “It really had nothing to do with the Texans. It had to do with the team at CBS and knowing what I wanted to do.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Romo confirmed that Houston was atop his list of potential teams: “Obviously, the Texans were at the top of the list of the teams I looked at.” (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Romo, he has no plans to return to the NFL and expects some teams to contact him: “Do I envision coming back to football? Absolutely not. Do I think teams will call? I’m sure they will.” (Todd Archer)
- In regards to In regards to why the Cowboys released him, Romo said that he would have to pay back some money if he hadn’t been released by Dallas. (Aaron Wilson)
- Interestingly enough, Romo didn’t completely rule out a return at some point: “You never say never. There’s no part of me that wants to play.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have invited Oklahoma DT Charles Walker to team headquarters for a pre-draft visit.
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins have also interest in Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon and Temple LB Haason Reddick.
- Albert Breer reports that the Dolphins are hosting Arkansas DE Deatrich Wise Jr. and UCF S Shaquill Griffin for visits this week.
- Ryan O’Halloran reports that the Jaguars will also bee meeting with Ohio State’s Malik Hooker and LSU’s Jamal Adams this week.
- According to Alden Gonzalez of ESPN, the Rams will use free agent acquisition Andrew Whitworth at left tackle with former first-round pick Greg Robinson shifting to right tackle.
- From there, the Rams are expected to move former RT Rob Havenstein to right guard.
- Depending on how Havenstein and Robinson hold up as these new positions, it’s possible that Andrew Donnal, Jamon Brown and Cody Wichmann could be in the mix for starting roles this summer, according to Gonzalez.
- The Rams hired Wade Phillips to run their defense, which means Robert Quinn will now shift to outside linebacker.
- Gonzalez mentions that there’s a “good chance” Lamarcus Joyner could transition to safety this season.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!