Former Cowboys QB Tony Romo admitted that he misses playing in the NFL “a little bit.”
“You always miss it a little bit,” said Romo, via Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I think it’s just human nature when you do something for whatever, 20 years of your life, you’re going to miss parts of it.”
Here are some of the prospects teams met with after the first 2018 Shrine Bowl practice this week, according to Chase Goodbread of College Football 24/7:
- 49ers: Delaware DT Bilal Nichols
- Broncos: South Florida QB Quinton Flowers
- Buccaneers: Houston WR Steven Dunbar
- Cardinals: FSU LB Matthew Thomas
- Chargers: Weber State TE Andrew Vollert and Louisville S Chucky Williams
- Dolphins: Louisiana-Lafayette S Tracy Walker
- Eagles: Sam Houston State DT P.J. Hall
- Rams: Mississippi State LS Hunter Bradley and UNLV WR Devonte Boyd
- Redskins: FSU LB Matthew Thomas
- Saints: Michigan State C Brian Allen and Texas DT Poona Ford
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are still expected to bolster their front office at some point even after losing out on Eliot Wolf.
- La Canfora continues to hear rumblings that Oakland would like to add a young assistant general manager after the draft and is still planning to bring in an executive vice president of football operations.