Marc Sessler of NFL.com takes a look at some viable team pairings that he believes would make sense for some potential trade candidates including:
- Steelers WR Martavis Bryant to the Bears
- Giants QB Eli Manning to the Jaguars
- Giants CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the Buccaneers
- Lions TE Eric Ebron to the Broncos
- Texans LT Duane Brown to the Seahawks
- Saints OLB Hau’oli Kikaha to the Patriots
- Colts CB Vontae Davis to the Cowboys
- Jason La Canfora writes that the Broncos “should be thinking long and hard about going to Paxton Lynch as soon as he is healthy enough to start (which could be in the next few weeks).“
- La Canfora believes Lynch’s mobility and strong arm could at least open some things for them offensively, as they’ve really struggled in recent weeks in the passing game.
- Lynch returned to practice on Wednesday and received a limited number of reps. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Browns HC Hue Jackson said of starting DeShone Kizer in Week 8: “He understands there’s still work to be done. Have to keep stacking good days.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jackson went on to say that he doesn’t think Kizer will be worried about getting benched again during Sunday’s game. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- The Browns will have Cody Kessler as their No. 2 quarterback in Week 8, as Kevin Hogan is still dealing with a rib injury. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- The Cleveland Browns announced Wednesday that rookie DE Myles Garrett showed up to the team’s facility experiencing concussion-like symptoms and is no in the league’s protocol.
- Even with the concussion, Jackson did not rule out Garrett for Week 8. (Mary Kay Cabot)