Former Cardinals S Tyrann Mathieu said he wants to sign with a team that has a “winning culture.”
“It’s not all about money for me,” said Mathieu, via Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated. “I want to go somewhere where I can be completely immersed in football, and it’s not too much about anything but winning. I want to be a part of winning culture, where you feel that all the time. That’s all I want.”
- According to Mike Jones of USA Today, there has been “no buzz” about 49ers free agent S Eric Reid so far this offseason.
- Jones mentions that Reid’s decision to kneel during the national anthem could be making him an unpopular free agent.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- According to Brian Costello, Jets GM Mike Maccagnan is attending UCLA’s Pro Day on Thursday to observe QB Josh Rosen.
- Wisconsin S Natrell Jamerson met with Chargers and Seahawks on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Eric D. Williams, the Chargers met with Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield prior to his Pro Day workout on Thursday.
- Minnesota K/P Ryan Santos had a private workout with the Dolphins at his school on Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)
- LSU RB Derrius Guice worked out for the Buccaneers, is meeting with the Colts in Baton Rouge, and is flying to Philadelphia to take an official visit with the Eagles. (Tony Pauline)
- According to Pauline, Portland State CB Chris Seisay has drawn interest from the Chargers, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, and Cardinals, while Arizona has “a lot” of interest in him as a seventh-round prospect. He has already met with the Cardinals, Giants, and Jets.