Home Broncos NFL Notes: Vic Beasley, Draft, Lions, & Patriots
- Daniel Jeremiah mentions that a lot of coaches love Clemson DE/OLB Vic Beasley, while scouts tend to be more skeptical of him.
- Several personnel sources tell Jeremiah have said that Kentucky DE/OLB Bud Dupree could end up being taken ahead of Beasley and Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray, due to him being bigger and stronger.
- Tony Pauline reports Stanford OT Andrus Peat won’t get past the Rams at No. 12 and could be selected even earlier with the Giants possibly being a team to keep an eye on.
- According to Pauline, the Broncos, Saints, and Chargers have all shown interest in South Carolina TE Rory “Busta” Anderson, who is dealing with a hamstring strain.
- Daniel Jeremiah keeps hearing that Oregon OT Jake Fisher and Penn State OT Donovan Smith are likely to be drafted in late round one or early round two.
- According to Peter Schrager, Alabama RB T.J. Yeldon will be a Top 50 pick.
- Duke G Laken Tomlinson should also come off the board in the Top 50, per Schrager.
- Schrager mentions that NFL teams are “universally high” on Miami WR Phillip Dorsett, but they’re not so high on Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham.
- Schrager doesn’t rule out the possibility that Miami TE Clive Walford could be taken ahead of Minnesota TE Maxx Williams.
- There’s reportedly a “lot of love” out there for Stanford OT Andrus Peat, who’s likely to be a Top 20 pick, per Schrager.
- Tony Pauline is hearing that if the Lions target a defensive tackle in the second round, the player at the top of their list is Washington State DT Xavier Cooper.
- Tony Pauline is hearing that the Patriots could trade out of the No. 32 pick and select South Carolina G A.J. Cann.