- Adam Caplan reports that free agent G Chris Chester is currently recovering well from surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff, but should be ready to go sometime in June.
- Caplan mentions that this surgery is why Chester hasn’t been signed yet, and there’s a good chance for him to secure a starting job with a team this summer.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Eastern Kentucky DE Noah Spence has visits scheduled with the Cardinals, Ravens, Jaguars, Buccaneers and Packers.
- Louisiana Tech DT Vernon Butler has a predraft visit with the Titans on Monday and another one with the Panthers on Wednesday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Vaughn McClure reports that Alabama RB Kenyan Drake has visits scheduled with the Colts, 49ers, Cowboys and Dolphins. (Mike Wells)
- N.C. State OL Joe Thuney has a visit lined up with the Buccaneers for next week. (Greg Auman)
“It’s not like we started off by offering [Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso and the 13thpick for the 8th pick],” Roseman said. “[Dolphins executive Mike Tannenbaum] is a tough negotiator. He needed to get value for that.
“I think that narrative of [Maxwell] not playing well isn’t accurate. He did play well. You’re talking about him being a solid starting corner. It’s so hard to find guys with that kind of length. He’s a starter on two Super Bowl teams. He’s a good player.
“Kiko Alonso, you talk about explosiveness. The first game of the season, he made an interception that few people on Earth can make. He’s got unbelievable physical talent, unbelievable upside. Don’t forget: Kiko was Defensive Rookie of the Year [in 2013].
“This was a situation where we gave up a lot. We gave up two starters but that’s the cost of doing business to get into the top 10.”