Home Colts NFL Rumors: Colts, Jets, Lions, Patriots & Titans
- Mike Wells of ESPN supports the Colts’ decision to re-sign TE Dwayne Allen over TE Coby Fleener due to his strength as a blocker.
- Additionally, Wells thinks Allen will have a more expansive role in the offense in OC Rob Chudzinksi‘s system.
- Although the Jets previously stated they want to get younger this offseason, Rich Cimini of ESPN says the team felt they could “bend a little” on signing RB Matt Forte because they viewed him as a productive and versatile player without a large cap number.
- Cimini doesn’t anticipate the Jets re-signing some of their veteran free agents like I don’t think you’ll see older vets such as OLB Calvin Pace, G Willie Colon or DL Stephen Bowen.
- The Jets could bring back LB Erin Henderson on a team-friendly contract, but Cimini mentions that he’s drawing interest from other teams right now.
- Cimini also expects New York to focus on getting younger at linebacker and offensive line.
- Mike Rothstein of ESPN expects the Lions to sign a veteran center at some point this offseason.
- Although Rothstein views free agent LT Russell Okung as a good addition, he believes a good No. 3 tackle would still be required, considering that Okung has struggled to to stay healthy for a full 16 games.
- Regardless of the possibility of the Lions signing Okung, Rothstein could see the Lions selecting an offensive tackle with the No. 16 overall pick.
- Rothstein mentions the linebacker spot as another position they could address in the draft with Alabama ILB Reggie Ragland and Ohio State OLB Darron Lee named as possible options.
- Rothstein could also see the Lions drafting a defensive tackle, unless they sign a free agent like DT Akiem Hicks.
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN expects the Titans to sign another nose tackle, unless they plan on converting DT Angelo Blackson to the position.
- According to Jim Wyatt of the Titans’ official site, recently acquired RB DeMarco Murray will carry the load at running back since they view him as a “do-it-all” type player.
- Wyatt expects RB David Cobb, RB Antonio Andrews and RB Dexter McCluster will have an opportunity to earn playing time, but there will likely be some departures from their group running backs group.
- Wyatt mentions RB Bishop Sankey and Andrews as players that will likely be competing for a roster spot.
- Wyatt would be surprised to see the Titans draft a top running back like Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliott or Alabama’s Derrick Henry, but could see them selecting a back in the later rounds.
- Wyatt does not think the Titans would make Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil convert to right tackle if they drafted him. Regardless, Wyatt is not sold on the Titans drafting Tunsil.