- According to Tom Pelissero, the Jets, Lions, Dolphins, Seahawks and Rams have expressed the most interest in trading down.
- According to Peter Schrager, it “sounds like” Temple DB Rock Ya-Sin has emerged as the top corner for “many” teams.
- Schrager also reports that Vanderbilt CB JoeJuan Williams, Boston College G Chris Lindstrom, Mississippi State OL Elgton Jenkins, Washington S Taylor Rapp, Maryland S Darnell Savage, and Mississippi DT Jeffrey Simmons are players with less buzz who have emerged as first-round candidates.
- Schrager mentions that the Lions and Bills could be two teams to trade out of the top 10.
- Schrager reports that three offensive tackles could be selected in the top 10 of the 2019 NFL Draft, including Florida State’s Jawaan Taylor, Washington State’s Andre Dillard, and Alabama’s Jonah Williams.
- Schrager writes that there is a “better chance” for teams trading into the top 10 for an offensive tackle rather than a quarterback.
- NFL Media’s Lance Zierlein says three players to keep an eye on as potential trade-up targets are Houston DT Ed Oliver, Alabama RB Josh Jacobs and Washington State OT Andre Dillard.
- According to Adam Schefter, the Patriots could be an option for TE Ben Watson if he chooses to unretire and play in 2019.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss says either Georgia wide receiver, Riley Ridley or Mecole Hardman, could be targeted by the Patriots later in the draft.
- Reiss thinks the Patriots would hesitate to take Alabama TE Irv Smith in the first round because of his smaller size.
- If Iowa TE Noah Fant slips into the 20s, Reiss believes the Patriots would consider making a move up for him.
- Reiss mentions Ole Miss OT Greg Little as a sneaky candidate for the Patriots’ first-round pick.
- TCU DE L.J. Collier has some similar traits to former Patriots DE Trey Flowers and is an intriguing target in the second round. (Reiss)
- Same for UNC-Charlotte G Nate Davis, who has drawn comparisons to Patriots G Shaq Mason.
- Reiss believes the Patriots might not bite on Clemson DT Dexter Lawrence in the first round after declining former first-round DT Malcolm Brown‘s fifth-year option. Both are two-down defensive tackles.
- Reiss thinks the Patriots are more likely to target someone later like Arizona State DT Renell Wren.
- A potential later-round linebacker target for the Patriots could be Missouri’s Terez Hall. (Reiss)
- Reiss identifies safety as an underrated need for the Patriots, with Maryland’s Darnell Savage, Washington’s Taylor Rapp, Delaware’s Nasir Adderley and Mississippi State’s Johnathan Abram lining up well in terms of value and projected availability for the Patriots in the early rounds.
- Miami RB Travis Homer and Memphis RB/WR Tony Pollard could be on the Patriots’ radar in the later rounds for their ability on special teams.
- Reiss doesn’t see much of an opening for any newcomers to the Patriots at cornerback.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!