- Bruce Feldman reports that there’s “a lot of interest” around the NFL in Ohio State DC Greg Schiano for defensive coordinator jobs.
- Ben Volin mentions that he could definitely see Schiano teaming up with either Josh McDaniels or Matt Patricia if they get head-coaching jobs.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes that the Bears are still waiting to hear if DC Vic Fangio will return for the 2018 season.
- According to Biggs, there’s a belief that Fangio could up joining Pat Shurmur’s coaching staff if he lands a head coaching job.
- Should the Bears lose Fangio, Biggs mentions Vikings DC George Edwards and Cardinals DC James Bettcher as two options worth watching.
- Mark Berman reports that the Bears have interest in Texans offensive assistant Pat O’Hara for their quarterbacks coach job.
- Terez A. Paylor reports that the Chiefs have hired Deland McCullough as their new RBs coach.
Adam Caplan reports that the Raiders are hiring Jim O’Neil as a senior defensive assistant.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Raiders have received permission from the Dolphins to interview OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo for the same position on Jon Gruden’s staff. Rapoport says that the meeting between DeGuglielmo will take place on Monday.
- According to Adam Caplan, the Raiders have or are scheduled to interview at least six offensive line coaches including Hal Hunter, Hank Fraley, and Dave DeGuglielmo.
- Caplan mentions that the only coach from Jack Del Rio’s staff that Jon Gruden has retained up to this point is assistant WRs coach Nick Holz.
- Caplan also reports that the Raiders have fired TEs coach Bobby Johnson, who interviewed for the team’s head coach position.
- Oakland is expected to hire Bears TEs coach Frank Smith to replace Johnson.