Robert Griffin III
- ESPN’s Mike Sando takes a look at the top-five potential landing spots for QB Robert Griffin III once the Redskins officially move on from him.
- Sando’s list consists of: 1) Bills, 2) Cowboys, 3) Rams, 4) Broncos and 5) Chiefs.
Browns long-time LT Joe Thomas admitted that even with the team’s assurance that they have no plans to trade him, it’s still a possibility, depending on what happens during the offseason.
“Well, they’ve said the same things (to me) and it’s flattering that anybody would say those things about you,” Thomas said Thursday, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I feel the same way about them, but at the same time, I don’t think they were planning on trading me last year when Denver called.
“So players are commodities and if they feel like they’ve got a good value or a good opportunity to make the team better, they should get fired if they don’t make that decision.”
“That’s your job when you’re in control of a football team is do everything they can to make the team better, whether that’s trade your 10-year guy or sign a guy that nobody’s ever heard of but you know he’s going to make the team better,” Thomas said. “Those are the decisions that you have to make and sometimes those are tough decisions. It’s a business. That’s the way it goes, so it’s great that they like me. I like them. I’d certainly like to be here, but those are decisions that are certainly out of my hands.”
- James Walker of ESPN expects new Dolphins HC Adam Gase to give QB Ryan Tannehill more freedom and control over their offense next year.
- Walker doesn’t see Alabama LB Reggie Ragland as the best option for the Dolphins at No. 8 overall. Instead, Walker views UCLA’s Myles Jack and Notre Dame’s Jaylon Smith as better fits.
- Walker expects the Dolphins to cut WR Greg Jennings at some point in the near future.