The Detroit Lions announced Friday that they’ve officially signed 13 undrafted free agents.
The full list includes:
- TE Nate Becker – Miami (Ohio)
- G Beau Benzschawel – Wisconsin
- LB Malik Carney – North Carolina
- WR Jonathan Duhart – Old Dominion
- LB Tre Lamar – Clemson
- S C.J. Moore – Mississippi
- T Matt Nelson – Iowa
- TE Donald Parham – Stetson
- LB Anthony Pittman – Wayne State
- T Ryan Pope – San Diego State
- DT Ray Smith – Boston College
- G Micah St. Andrew – Fresno State
- DT Kevin Strong – Texas San-Antonio
Benzschawel wound up going undrafted out of Wisconsin, even though many draft analysts had him pegged as a fifth- or sixth-round prospect. Undrafted free agents are expected to sign a three-year, $1.755 million contract in 2019.
During his college career at Wisconsin, Benzschawel made 49 starts at right tackle and right guard. He was a first-team All-Big Ten selection in his first two seasons and a first-team All-American in 2018.