- Per the Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia, Bills HC Sean McDermott said OT Ty Nsekhe is making progress and will practice “in some role” Wednesday.
Dolphins WR DeVante Parker was brought back on a two-year deal this offseason, but it was really a one-year deal with a team option that served as Parker’s last chance in Miami. So far, it appears he’s maximized it with a career year. The former first-round pick has 53 catches for 854 yards and six touchdowns and credits taking care of his body like a professional to avoid nagging injuries for his breakout.
“It’s up to the player. When you’re 22 years old and you’re just coming in the league and it’s the first time you’ve ever had any money and it’s the first time you’re dealing with playing in this league and it’s a long season, some of those things that you’re talking about — acupuncture and massages and hydration — they kind of fall by the wayside,” Dolphins HC Brian Flores said via ESPN’s Cameron Wolfe. “As you get older in this league, you understand that those things are very important and that everything you do counts.”
- Dolphins RB Kalen Ballage‘s Achilles injury is not serious and Flores expects to have him back for the offseason program. (Barry Jackson)
- Dolphins QB Ryan Fitzpatrick said there’s been nothing about this season that wouldn’t make him want to come back and play in Miami next year. (Adam Beasley)
- Dolphins claimed WR Mack Hollins off of waivers from the Eagles. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins waived CB Ken Crawley with an injury designation.
- Dolphins waived OL Chris Reed.
- Dolphins signed OL Evan Brown off the Giants’ practice squad.
- Per Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Jets S Jamal Adams (ankle), TE Ryan Griffin (illness) and CB Brian Poole (concussion) didn’t practice Wednesday.
- Jets HC Adam Gase said that while they haven’t been told Adams’ injury is a high ankle sprain, they want to remain cautious with his injury. (Brian Costello)
- Adams’ status for Sunday’s game is looking unlikely per Gase: “I really think we have to be very smart with this. He’s gotta feel really good to be put back out there.” (Rich Cimini)
- Jets QB Sam Darnold practiced in full despite his rib injury. (Cimini)