“I’m still pumped about it,” Allen said, via New York Upstate. “I’m still floating on cloud nine right now. I just can’t wait to get to work with him. Obviously with all this stuff going around, travelling and trying to get in touch, start throwing with him, that’s going to be a little delayed. I just want to get back to work. We’ve been staying in contact and trying to devise a plan of how we can get together. But man, the things he can do on a football field are unbelievable. The route running. The way he can make contested catches. I’ve talked to him on the phone a couple times and just how cool of a dude he seems. He’s going to match in very well with our wide receiver group, he’s going to match within our locker room and with our team. Big-time playmaker. He’s going to help us out a lot this year.”
- Dean Marlowe signed a one year, $1.55M deal with the Bills that includes a $250K signing bonus and a $1M base salary. He also can earn up to $250K in per-game active roster bonuses and a $50K workout bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- Former Cowboys CB Byron Jones spoke to the media on Thursday about why he signed with the Dolphins: “It was just the prospect of being a part of a team that’s building and going in the right direction,” said Jones via Jon Machota. “I like the young roster and I like the coach, so for me it was just a good fit.”
- Jones also explained his two career interceptions: “Man, I have no clue,” Jones said Thursday via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “It’s a joke, the fact that I haven’t had an interception in two years. It’s bizarre.”
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News says that while WR Robby Anderson is the superior player, the Jets decided to sign WR Breshad Perriman as the next best option after losing Anderson to Panthers and WR Tajae Sharpe to the Vikings.
- Mehta also mentions that while Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy and Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb will be interesting at options, the Jets would be smart to take a tackle such as Iowa’s Tristan Wirfs with the No.11 pick. Mehta believes there will be other talents at wide receiver that could intrigue the Jets later in the draft.
- As for acquiring other picks in the upcoming draft, Mehta would be stunned if Jets GM Joe Douglas would part with a future first-round pick.