Home Bills AFC East Notes: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots
- The Athletic’s Mike Sando considers it an “easy call” for the Bills to exercise the fifth-year option for CB TreDavious White this offseason.
- The Athletic’s Mike Sando writes the Dolphins will likely decline the fifth-year option for DE Charles Harris this offseason.
- Sando adds Dolphins DE Taco Charlton has improved since his trade from Dallas, but likely not enough for Miami to exercise the fifth-year option.
- When looking ahead to the 2020 offseason, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald points out that the Dolphins should be expected to have around $100 million in available cap space to work with.
- Jackson notes that the Dolphins could create $9.5 million of cap room by releasing WR Albert Wilson, $11.5 million from S Reshad Jones, and another $3.6 million by cutting C Daniel Kilgore.
- According to Jackson, “early indications” for the Dolphins are that they’ll look to improve their offensive and defensive lines with veteran options next year.
- Jackson names that Patriots G Joe Thuney, LB Kyle Van Noy, and Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue as potential targets for the Dolphins.
- Jackson writes that Miami should be expected to have at least three new starters on their offensive line, while the defense will sign two “starting-caliber” edge defenders.
- Dolphins HC Brian Flores mentioned Wilson and WR DeVante Parker would remain in the concussion protocol until at least the end of the week. (Cameron Wolfe)
- The Athletic’s Mike Sando writes the Jets will likely exercise the fifth-year option for S Jamal Adams this offseason.
- Jets placed TE Ryan Griffin on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Jets activated OL Brent Qvale from injured reserve.
- Patriots worked out CB Jayson Stanley on Tuesday. (Howard Balzer)