- Buffalo met with Michigan DE Michael Danna, South Carolina RB Rico Dowdle and UCF CB Nevelle Clarke at the Shrine Bowl. (The Draft Network)
- Arizona State RB Eno Benjamin said he had a good meeting with the Bills at the Senior Bowl. (Jordan Reid)
- The Bills met with Liberty WR Antonio Gandy-Golden at the Senior Bowl. (Nick Wojton)
- The Bills met with Notre Dame WR Chase Claypool at the Senior Bowl. (Nick Wojton)
- The Bills met with Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk at the Senior Bowl. (Nick Wojton)
- Michigan EDGE Josh Uche met with the Bills at the Senior Bowl. (Ryan Talbot)
- Utah DE Bradlee Anae met with the Bills at the Senior Bowl. (Ryan Talbot)
- Miami met with South Carolina RB Rico Dowdle, Oklahoma State WR Jordan McCray, Ohio State WR Binjimen Victor, North Texas DE LaDarius Hamilton, Missouri S&T DT Tershawn Wharton, Michigan DE Michael Danna and Louisiana G Kevin Dotson at the Shrine Bowl. (The Draft Network)
- The Dolphins met with Utah State QB Jordan Love at the Senior Bowl. (Joe Schad)
- Miami met with Texas A&M WR Quartney Davis Thursday at the Senior Bowl. (Charlie Campbell)
While the timing of the Jets decision to fire Mike Maccagnan and replace him with GM Joe Douglas during the summer was criticized, the hire of Douglas himself, who’s well-respected around the league, was hailed as a strong move. Douglas didn’t get a chance to put his thumbprint on the 2019 Jets squad, but the timing of his hiring has allowed him plenty of time to gear up for this offseason as he takes his first steps in trying to turn around the Jets.
“I also didn’t have to rush through implementing a grading scale change, implementing a new philosophy,” Douglas said via Brian Costello of the New York Post. “You didn’t have to try to hit the ground running with All-Star games and the Combine right around the corner. So you could really get your processes in place, communicate with the people on your staff about what expectations are, how processes are going to change, what the grading scale’s going to be. We were able to have some exercises in the summer, do some summer work as far as getting guys used to the new grading scale. Not to bore you with all those details, but there were a lot, lot, of benefits of starting when I did.”
- Per ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Jets LB C.J. Mosley has started jogging in his recovery from groin surgery and is on pace to participate with the team this spring during the offseason program.
- New York met with Utah QB Tyler Huntley, Notre Dame RB Tony Jones, Boise State WR John Hightower, Western Michigan TE Giovanni Ricci, Michigan G Michael Onwenu, Washington State G Frederick Mauigoa and Wagner LB Cameron Gill at the Shrine Bowl. (The Draft Network)
- New York met with N.C. State DT Larell Murchison Tuesday at the Senior Bowl. (Charlie Campbell)
- Per NFL Media’s Michael Giardi, when the police arrested Patriots CB Joejuan Williams they found acetaminophen hydrocodone prescription pills, valacyclovir hydrocodone pills, “a large amount of marijuana,” hand-rolled marijuana cigarettes and illegal paraphernalia in his car.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss reports Patriots OT Yodny Cajuste, who missed his entire rookie season on injured reserve with a torn quad, is staying in New England to continue rehab and workouts at the team facility this offseason.
- Arizona State RB Eno Benjamin said he had a good meeting with the Patriots at the Senior Bowl. (Jordan Reid)