Home Bills AFC East Notes: Bills, Jets, Patriots
- The Buffalo Bills announced that they’ve hired former NFL defensive end Jacques Cesaire as their new assistant defensive line coach.
- Ralph Vacchiano doesn’t expect the Jets to be big spenders in free agency after they made some questionable deals under former GM Mike Maccagnan. The team spent $52.5 million on running back Le’Veon Bell, $85 million on linebacker C.J. Mosley, and another $72.5 million on cornerback Trumaine Johnson in previous years.
- Some free agents that Vacchiano says would make sense for the Jets in 2020, include veteran wide receivers Amari Cooper and Emmanuel Sanders.
- Beyond that, Vacchiano mentions that the offensive line could use some upgrades in the form of tackle Jack Conklin or guard Brandon Scherff.
- The Jets could also use some help on their defensive line and Vacchiano believes the team would benefit from signing a pass rusher such as Matthew Judon of the Ravens, or Yannick Ngakoue of the Jaguars.