- According to the Athletic’s Matthew Fairburn, with five picks in the 5th-7th rounds, the Bills will be more aggressive about using those picks to go get players they like.
- Fairburn adds the Bills will be open to drafting an offensive tackle in the early rounds to potentially kick 2019 second-round OL Cody Ford inside to guard.
- Given the level of interest already shown in Lenoir-Rhyne S Kyle Dugger, Fairburn says he could be an option for Buffalo in the first round if he runs a 4.3 40-yard dash at the Combine.
- Fairburn mentions Panthers DE Mario Addison as a potential free-agent option given his ties to new Bills DL coach Eric Washington.
- The Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia outlines a potential deal for Bills DE Shaq Lawson at four years for $31 million, roughly $6 million per year.
- Buscaglia adds Buffalo should be able to bring back OT LaAdrian Waddle, S Dean Marlowe, LB Julian Stanford, restricted free agent WR Isaiah McKenzie and ERFA’s CB Levi Wallace, WR Robert Foster and TE Jason Croom.
- He also anticipates the Bills moving on from DT Jordan Phillips, LG Quinton Spain, CB Kevin Johnson, RB Frank Gore, RB Senorise Perry, LB Maurice Alexander and S Kurt Coleman, with Johnson and Spain likely leaving for better deals.
- Some potential free agent targets Buscaglia lists include Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes, Packers LB Kyler Fackrell, Eagles RB Jordan Howard, Colts OT Joe Haeg and 49ers DT Sheldon Day.
- Buscaglia adds re-signing some of their own key players to extensions this offseason is a priority for the Bills to potentially lock in slightly lower rates. He projects LB Matt Milano signing a four-year, $52 million deal, OT Dion Dawkins signing a five-year, $71 million deal, and CB Tre’Davious White signing a five-year, $78 million deal.
- The Athletic’s Connor Hughes writes there’s a chance the Jets are able to re-sign OT Kelvin Beachum as a contingency plan if they’re not able to land a left tackle in the first round. However, it’s unclear if Beachum would return if there’s a chance he might be the backup.
- Hughes reiterates the Jets are high on OT Chuma Edoga and believe he has the potential to be a 10-year starter.
- Other players Hughes mentions as having a chance to step into bigger roles include CB Blessuan Austin, LB Blake Cashman, WR Braxton Berrios and RB Josh Adams.
- Regarding the odds of the Jets trading for Browns WR Odell Beckham, Hughes says, “There’s a better chance Blake Lively leaves Ryan Reynolds for me.”
- Hughes highlights Rams DE Dante Fowler and Ravens LB Matt Judon as two edge rushers to keep an eye on for the Jets if they hit free agency.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!