Home Bills AFC East Notes: Bills, Jets, Patriots
- According to the Athletic’s Matthew Fairburn, with five picks in the 5th-7th rounds, the Bills will be more aggressive about using those picks to go get players they like.
- Fairburn adds the Bills will be open to drafting an offensive tackle in the early rounds to potentially kick 2019 second-round OL Cody Ford inside to guard.
- Given the level of interest already shown in Lenoir-Rhyne S Kyle Dugger, Fairburn says he could be an option for Buffalo in the first round if he runs a 4.3 40-yard dash at the Combine.
- Fairburn mentions Panthers DE Mario Addison as a potential free-agent option given his ties to new Bills DL coach Eric Washington.
- The Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia outlines a potential deal for Bills DE Shaq Lawson at four years for $31 million, roughly $6 million per year.
- Buscaglia adds Buffalo should be able to bring back OT LaAdrian Waddle, S Dean Marlowe, LB Julian Stanford, restricted free agent WR Isaiah McKenzie and ERFA’s CB Levi Wallace, WR Robert Foster and TE Jason Croom.
- He also anticipates the Bills moving on from DT Jordan Phillips, LG Quinton Spain, CB Kevin Johnson, RB Frank Gore, RB Senorise Perry, LB Maurice Alexander and S Kurt Coleman, with Johnson and Spain likely leaving for better deals.
- Some potential free agent targets Buscaglia lists include Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes, Packers LB Kyler Fackrell, Eagles RB Jordan Howard, Colts OT Joe Haeg and 49ers DT Sheldon Day.
- Buscaglia adds re-signing some of their own key players to extensions this offseason is a priority for the Bills to potentially lock in slightly lower rates. He projects LB Matt Milano signing a four-year, $52 million deal, OT Dion Dawkins signing a five-year, $71 million deal, and CB Tre’Davious White signing a five-year, $78 million deal.
- The Athletic’s Connor Hughes writes there’s a chance the Jets are able to re-sign OT Kelvin Beachum as a contingency plan if they’re not able to land a left tackle in the first round. However, it’s unclear if Beachum would return if there’s a chance he might be the backup.
- Hughes reiterates the Jets are high on OT Chuma Edoga and believe he has the potential to be a 10-year starter.
- Other players Hughes mentions as having a chance to step into bigger roles include CB Blessuan Austin, LB Blake Cashman, WR Braxton Berrios and RB Josh Adams.
- Regarding the odds of the Jets trading for Browns WR Odell Beckham, Hughes says, “There’s a better chance Blake Lively leaves Ryan Reynolds for me.”
- Hughes highlights Rams DE Dante Fowler and Ravens LB Matt Judon as two edge rushers to keep an eye on for the Jets if they hit free agency.