“I think it’s easy for people to sit and say you should do this or that,” Flores said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “I don’t think those same people would stand in front of that group and say, ‘Hey, this is in the best interest of the team, for us to win this week.’ And that’s no knock on Josh. Maybe you think that’s in the best interest. But you’re not in front of this team every day. You’re not in the trenches. And a lot of people aren’t.”
“Umm, I mean, Josh Rosen is a very talented player,” Flores said when asked about Rosen’s future with the Dolphins. “I think we all know that. And I think he’s making a lot of improvement, like I’ve been saying the last few weeks. And, yeah, I do. So we’ll see where it goes. But right now, for this team, this week, we’re going to play Fitz.”
Rosen was asked if he’s disappointed about not getting another opportunity to start for the Dolphins this season.
“No. Fitz hasn’t done anything to lose his starting position thus far so I don’t see why anything would change,” Rosen said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “I obviously would love to play if coach would call me up. I think Fitz has been doing a hell of a job considering all of the circumstances that have been going on this year.”
When asked about being back with the Dolphins, Rosen said: “Absolutely. I like it a lot.”
Rosen isn’t getting down on himself and believes more opportunities will come.
“I’m very encouraged just in general day to day, in how I’ve developed and watching Fitz do his thing,” Rosen said. “I’m still only 22 years old. It’s not really the window is opened and closed like that. But there’s a sense of understanding time and opportunity. I’m aware of it, but it’s all for you guys to write about more than for me to worry about. Opportunities will come and I’ll try to seize them.”
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 16: C Evan Boehm (ankle), DE Taco Charlton (ankle), RB Chandler Cox (shoulder), K Jason Sanders (illness), DT Zach Sieler (ankle)
- Joel Corry of CBS Sports writes that Jets RB Le’Veon Bell not expected to earn any of his $2.05 million bonus for the 2019 season.
- Jets promoted WR Josh Malone to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 16: G Tom Compton (calf), WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring, knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 16: S Jamal Adams (ankle), DE Henry Anderson (shoulder), WR Robby Anderson (illness), T Kelvin Beachum (ankles), CB Arthur Maulet (calf), DT Steve McLendon (knee, hip), CB Brian Poole (concussion, ankle), RB Bilal Powell (ankle), DT Quinnen Williams (neck)
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Patriots WR Julian Edelman is expected to play in Week 16’s game, despite being listed as questionable with knee and shoulder issues.
- Joel Corry of CBS Sports writes that Edelman is in line to earn his entire $1 million for the 2019 season.
- Corry adds that Patriots LB Jamie Collins is expected to earn $1 million of his $3 million bonus for the 2019 season.
- As for LB Dont’a Hightower, Corry mentions that he should get $1.125 million of his $2 million bonus for the 2019 season.