Regarding WR A.J. Green, Bengals HC Zac Taylor reiterated that the veteran receiver is week to week.
“Because if it’s Monday, he might feel like he’s ready to start practicing again. So I don’t want to make any predictions for the rest of the year,” Taylor said Friday, via Bengals.com. “Just planting off of it right now, I think is a little uncomfortable for him. We’ll get to that point where he feels comfortable and he’ll be ready to go.”
“I think everybody was hopeful that it wouldn’t be so long,” Taylor added. “But it’s an injury, they’re all a little bit different. His is a little bit different. It’s just the time it’s taken to heal, and we want him back full speed. We don’t want push anybody along that’s not ready to go. We just want to make sure he’s ready to play full speed and healthy and give his best effort.”
- Taylor told reporters that Cordy Glenn will start at left tackle for them on Sunday: “He has been good. It looks like he’s in good shape,” Taylor said. “He’s been dialed in and focused and understands the things that we want him to do. He’s had a good week of practice.”
- The Cincinnati Bengals officially ruled out WR A.J. Green (ankle) and TE Drew Sample (ankle) for Week 12 and list WR Stanley Morgan (illness) and WR Auden Tate (concussion) as questionable.
- Browns HC Freddie Kitchens told reporters on Friday that TE David Njoku will not be activated from injured reserve in time for Sunday’s game. (Nate Ulrich)
- The Cleveland Browns officially ruled out S Eric Murray (knee) and DE Olivier Vernon (knee) for Week 12 and list LB Joe Schobert (groin) as questionable.
- Browns promoted DT Brandin Bryant and DE Porter Gustin to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee, concussion) is doubtful to play in Sunday’s game
- According to Rapoport, RB James Conner (shoulder) will miss Week 12’s game.
- New Steelers WR Deon Cain said he’s been taking first-team reps in practice and playing multiple positions. (Brooke Pryor)
- The Pittsburgh Steelers officially ruled out RB James Conner (shoulder) and WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (concussion, knee) for Week 12 and list CB Artie Burns (knee) as doubtful.
- Steelers re-signed TE Kevin Rader to their practice squad. (NFLTR)