- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis told reporters on Wednesday that Hue Jackson will have no involvement in the team’s offense. (Katherine Terrell)
- Lewis also said he thinks Jackson will help him utilize analytics more after having more exposure to that in Cleveland. (Paul Dehner Jr)
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict (hip) returned to practice on Wednesday and took part in some 11 on 11 work. (Paul Dehner Jr)
- On a conference call with Baltimore reporter, Lewis didn’t rule out WR A.J. Green (toe) returning in Week 11: “Hopefully we get him out there on Sunday.” (Jamison Hensley)
“I feel like I’d be very prepared,” Jackson said, via ESPN.com. “I’m trying to sponge everything in. Whatever happens, will happen.”
- Regarding their plans at quarterback, Ravens HC John Harbaugh said he wasn’t going to get into it: “Rather than dip my toe in the water and start answering one question and not answering the next one I’m just not going to get into it. I don’t feel like we owe anybody any answers.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Jeff Zrebiec says that the Ravens have continually mentioned Robert Griffin III as an option to start at quarterback in Week 11, depending on Joe Flacco’s health.
- Flacco (hip) did not participate in Wednesday’s practice. (Jeff Zrebiec)
“I texted him yesterday before the deadline asking him — texted — saying I was hoping he was going to show up, and if he decided not to I wish him nothing but the best,” Roethlisberger said, via PennLive.com . “He was a great teammate and football player. To each their own on what they want to walk away from.”
Roethlisberger added that he couldn’t imagine missing an entire season, but he’s glad it won’t be a topic of discussion moving forward.
“It would be tough,” Roethlisberger said. “Part of the great thing about this sport is this band of brothers, this group of guys in here. Being with them is kind of what keeps me coming back here, just so many years, too. But like I said, to each their own. Each guy has their own motives and motivations and I can’t comment on him. I am glad that we won’t talk about this anymore, though.”
- Steelers DE Stephon Tuitt said he hyper-extended his right elbow during their Week 10 Thursday Night game but “expects to play” in Sunday’s game against the Jaguars. (Gerry Dulac)
- Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette points out that this is the second consecutive season that Tuitt has suffered a hyper-extended right elbow.