Browns QB Tyrod Taylor spent some time working with his new teammates including rookie QB Baker Mayfield this week at USC to build some chemistry heading into training camp.
“Baker trains out here and I know some of the guys wanted to come out here to Cali more to build chemistry,” Taylor told ESPN’s Josina Anderson, via Cleveland.com. “It’s my first time as well as his first time throwing to a bunch of these guys other than the other offseason program that we have.
“Just looking forward to building as much chemistry as possible so once we get into training camp we can be on the same page and make plays.”
Browns WR Jarvis Landry mentioned that Todd Haley’s offensive system should open up more opportunities for receivers in 2018 including more down-field plays.
“Obviously I think being in this system with Todd Haley, he’s going to give me opportunities to make more plays, different type of plays, plays downfield as well,” Landry said. “I think that’s going to show the complete receiver that I am.”
- Kevin Bowen of 1070 The Fan takes a look at five players on the Colts who are facing critical seasons in 2018, including C Ryan Kelly, QB Andrew Luck, CB Quincy Wilson, S Clayton Geathers and DE Tarell Basham.
- Ravens ILB C.J. Mosley told reporters on Thursday that there are “no updates” regarding extension talks; “If something gets work out or not, my obligation is still the same — to be that man in the middle.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Ravens CB Jimmy Smith (Achilles) was able to take part in Thursday’s practice. (Jamison Hensley)
- According to Ravens HC John Harbaugh, G Marshal Yanda is on the PUP list because he underwent shoulder surgery after the season and there is currently no timetable for his return. Even so, Harbaugh added that Yanda will be ready for the regular season: “We’re going to be cautious with him.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh said that rookie TE Mark Andrews was held out because a soft-tissue injury and Greg Senat will miss anywhere from one to three weeks. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- The Baltimore Ravens announced Wednesday that they have hired former Browns director of college scouting Bobby Vega as their new East area scout and promoted Joey Cleary to college and pro scout.
- The Ravens also hired Michael Blankenship, Duane Brooks and Collin Francis as assistant certified athletic trainers.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!