- Coley Harvey of ESPN has been told by members of the Bengals’ staff that the team has “no qualms” with re-signing WR A.J. Green to a long-term extension.
- However, Green is expected to wait until the end of the season to pick up extension discussions.
- Harvey has a “tough time” envisioning the Bengals giving Green more than $43 million in guaranteed cash, but could see him demanding $14 million per year, or closer to $15-$16 million if he makes the Pro Bowl in 2015.
- According to Harvey, CB Dre Kirkpatrick is having one of the best offseason performances of his career so far.
- At this point in time, Harvey believes CB Adam Jones and Kirkpatrick will be the top two cornerbacks on the team, while Darqueze Dennard and Leon Hall will split time in the nickel.
- Harvey believes there is “zero” chance the Bengals re-sign free agent TE Jermaine Gresham.
- Adam Teicher of ESPN believes it is “ambitious” to expect the Chiefs win 10 or more games, due to the strong schedule they have.
- Teicher could see WR Reggie Wayne, WR James Jones, and G Evan Mathis as veteran free agents that the Chiefs could keep an eye on.
- CB Sanders Commings could be a backup in 2015, regardless of him missing his first two seasons with injuries.
- Teicher expects RB Jamaal Charles to eclipse the 1,033 rushing yards he gained last season.
- Mike DiRocco of ESPN credits the Jaguars’ cornerback corps as being one of the deepest position groups on the team.
- DiRocco writes that CB Demetrius McCray has become a “solid” starter, while CB Aaron Colvin is becoming a “very good” player. CB Dwayne Gratz played well near the end of spring practices, with Davon House bringing a veteran presence.
- DiRocco views DE Chris Clemons as having the best chance to lead the team in sacks, regardless of the likelihood of him having reps cut due to his age.
- The only other player DiRocco could see having a large amount of sacks next season is third-year DE Ryan Davis.
- Second-year S Craig Loston and Gratz appear to be “stand out” players through offseason activities.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!