- Ian Rapoport reports that the Bengals are paying Hue Jackson $250,000 for his services over the remainder of the season.
- However, Jackson’s contract with the Browns includes off-sets so he’s essentially working for the Bengals for free.
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Bengals hosted Ravens QB Lamar Jackson for a pre-draft visit, but the young quarterback struggled on the whiteboard to draw up plays during his meeting. Cincinnati had questions about how quickly he could pick up NFL schemes and being accurate throwing the football.
Jalen Ramsey was asked about the report that surfaced Sunday morning that the Jaguars are expected to entertain trade offers for him this offseason.
“I didn’t use it as motivation,” Ramsey said, via ESPN.com. “It is what it is. I don’t control that. All I control is what I put out there on the field. When the offseason comes we’ll have some conversations to have. Either that or I’m going to get a contract extension or something. Something’s going to happen.
“But we’re going to wait until that time comes.”
The Jaguars later refuted the report and HC Doug Marrone spoke with Ramsey before the game.
“[I] was really trying to focus on the game,” Ramsey said. “I wasn’t really trying to hear too much of it. It’s cool, [the Jaguars] showing their support.”
Reiss notes that Jason McCourty is currently at 80 percent of the team’s snaps, which is significant for him, given that he’s on pace to max out his incentives that are worth up to $1 million.
- Titans HC Mike Vrabel said after the game that DC Dean Pees is doing okay and will stay in the hospital overnight for further evaluation.
- According to Vrabel, everything he’s heard regarding Pees has been “very positive” in terms of him making a full recovery.