- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN notes that Bills OC Brian Daboll is scheduled to meet with the Chargers and Jets on Sunday for their head coach vacancies.
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports mentions that Daboll has “strong ties” to Chargers GM Tom Telesco, given they were classmates in High School.
- Additionally, Los Angeles has increased interest in Daboll due to his work with Bills QB Josh Allen and they would like to see how Daboll can develop QB Justin Herbert.
- According to La Canfora, Daboll also has ties to new Texans’ GM Nick Caserio from his time with the Patriots from 2013-2016.
- Mike Garafolo reports that Bills RB Zack Moss could miss the rest of the postseason after sustaining an ankle injury in Saturday’s Wildcard game.
Broncos CEO Joe Ellis said he doesn’t anticipate remaining with the organization much longer than the end of his contract in March, 2022. He was enacted to execute the trust the team was placed in and transfer to new ownership following the death of Pat Bowlen.
“I don’t envision extending it past that other than maybe just an interim period of some sort if necessary,” Ellis said via 9NEWS’ Mike Klis. “But that would be dedicated to finding a replacement as a club president or CEO, depending on what the next owner – whether that’s Brittany or somebody else — where that ends up.
“I think it’s important for the organization — I don’t think CEOs should last forever. You look across businesses across the country, they don’t last forever, they need to move on. They’re asked to move on. And it will be time for me to move on, and how that transfer passes, I can’t predict right now. But there will be a transfer of authority at that level. I can assure you of that.”
- The Broncos announced that they finished a virtual interview with Bears’ Assistant Personnel Director Champ Kelly and have several interviews scheduled on Saturday including Patriots’ Dave Ziegler, Saints’ Terry Fontenot, and Brian Stark from within the Broncos organization. (Mike Klis)