- Bills’ HC Sean McDermott mentioned that CB Josh Norman will practice but remains on injured reserve. (Jay Skurski)
- Norman is eligible to return from IR after missing three games. As for RB Zack Moss and TE Dawson Knox, they also returned to practice. Non-participants from Wednesday’s practice were WR John Brown, S Micah Hyde, LT Dion Dawkins, DT Quinton Jefferson, and LB Del’Shawn Phillips. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Bills’ QB Josh Allen believes he and OC Brian Daboll have a very similar mindset. “You bet him to do something he’s going to do everything in his power.” (Michael Giardi)
“Those two have played pretty well thus far,” Gailey said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “They do have the ability to become very good players before it’s over with.”
Dolphins LT Austin Jackson said he is adjusting to NFL defensive ends using their leverage against him.
“Oftentimes, defensive linemen can get kind of leaning all of their weight on you, so it’s just kind of a leverage battle,” Jackson said. “If you see they’re out of leverage, it’s easy to swipe them down.”
- Dolphins’ rookie QB Tua Tagovailoa will be held out of practice with an undisclosed illness that is unrelated to COVID-19. (Barry Jackson)
- The team is also unsure if CB Byron Jones will return to practice today as he continues to nurse a hamstring injury.
- Dolphins’ HC Brian Flores on RB Myles Gaskin: “He’s done a really nice job, especially making the year one to year two leap. A great teammate and he really works at his craft. Really competitive young guy and always trying to get better. No, we’re happy to have him.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Dolphins’ WR DeVante Parker was a full participant in practice on Wednesday and is no longer listed as injured due to his hamstring. (Adam Caplan)
- Manish Mehta of NY Daily News reports that the Falcons ruined a potential trade between the Broncos and the Jets on draft day when they selected OL Matt Hennessy.
- The Broncos were planning on having Hennessy take over for C Connor McGovern but ended up with C Lloyd Cushenberry instead, while the Jets were planning on trading down to add additional picks but ended up drafting DE Jabari Zuniga.
- Jets’ veteran QB Joe Flacco (neck) said he does not want to rush back into the lineup, meaning he likely will not be active for Thursday’s Week 4 game. (Rich Cimini)
- Jets WR Jamison Crowder (hamstring) mentioned that he will be able to play Thursday.’s game after missing the last two games. (Brian Costello)
- Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk, citing a team spokesperson, reports a recent claim that Jets’ CEO Christopher Johnson is already reaching out to future coaching candidates is “not accurate.”