- ESPN’s Marcel Louis-Jacques notes the Bills have publicly expressed confidence in the winner of the coming camp battle between Levi Wallace and 2020 seventh-round CB Dane Jackson as the No. 2 cornerback.
- However, it remains to be seen if that carries into the regular season or if Buffalo makes an attempt to address the secondary.
“Coming out of mini-camp, very pleased with how I did, how this team looks,” Gaskin said, via 950KJR “A lot of speed on the outside. I think that’s the biggest takeaway that I had. We’ve got Jakeem (Grant), (Jaylen) Waddle, Will Fuller. We’ve got some fast dudes so I’m excited to see that.”
“Us being together as one and doing all of our parts when Zach’s ready – that’s being there for him,” Cole said, via Jets Wire. “Whether it’s Elijah going underneath for the little short throw and taking it 80, or with Corey mushing somebody on the short little hitch-and-go, or it’s me running past the defense, or Mims jumping over everybody, everybody has their own little thing.”
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports RT Morgan Moses had a “significant” two-year offer from the Jets, yet opted for a one-year deal that afforded him more flexibility in the future.
- NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo says Moses had talks with the Bears but would have been placed at left tackle where he is less comfortable.
- SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano points out Jets RT George Fant will likely move into a reserve role now that the team has added Moses.
- According to Brian Costello of the New York Post, the Jets could look into restructuring Fant’s contract to make it easier to keep him as a backup. Fant has an $8.5 million base salary in 2021 with $4.45 million of that guaranteed.