- ESPN’s Marcel Louis-Jacques lists Bills DE Trent Murphy as a potential trade candidate, as he was a healthy scratch this past week. However, his salary will likely limit any potential interest.
- If the Bills can find someone to take Murphy, the Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia says Buffalo would save around $4 million in cap for the rest of the season which could be valuable space rolled toward 2021.
- Buscaglia lists Giants DT Dalvin Tomlinson, Saints DT Sheldon Rankins, Falcons DT Tyeler Davison and Browns DT Vincent Taylor as players the Bills should go after to address their weakness against the run.
- Buscaglia also thinks the Bills could pursue a trade for Chargers CB Desmond King, Jets CB Brian Poole, Panthers CB Corn Elder, 49ers CB Ahkello Witherspoon, Washington CB Fabian Moreau or Packers CB Josh Jackson to address their issue at nickel corner.
- At linebacker, Buscaglia mentions Cardinals LB Haason Reddick and Washington LB Thomas Davis as depth options the Bills could pursue.
Dolphins first-round QB Tua Tagovailoa has come a long way since his dislocated hip last fall at Alabama. There were fears Tagovailoa’s promising career would be cut short before it had barely begun with that injury, but he worked back and is now set to take over as Miami’s prospective franchise quarterback.
“It’s definitely been a journey,” Tagovailoa said via the Miami Herald’s Adam Beasley and Barry Jackson. “I definitely think of that injury, when I got hurt, and the process leading up to being able to walk, being able to do football drills, do things in general. I definitely do reflect on that process that I went through. I’m definitely blessed to still be here and be able to play the game I grew up dreaming I’d play.”
- Albert Breer reports that the Dolphins are willing to trade veteran RB Jordan Howard.
- ESPN’s Cameron Wolfe lists Dolphins RB Jordan Howard as a potential trade candidate, as he’s fallen down the depth chart despite signing a two-year deal this offseason.
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini lists Jets S Marcus Maye as a potential trade candidate, as he’s in the final year of his deal and the team just drafted another safety in the third round.
- Depending on what GM Jou Douglas‘ plans are to re-sign these players in the offseason, the Athletic’s Connor Hughes lists CB Brian Poole, OLB Jordan Jenkins and LB Avery Williamson as other veterans who could be available for trade.
- Hughes says the Jets probably couldn’t turn down a second-round pick if offered for DL Quinnen Williams but they haven’t had any serious offers yet.
- Jets QB Sam Darnold said he’s still got some pain in his shoulder but it’s nothing he can’t deal with. (Brian Costello)
- ESPN’s Mikes Reiss lists Patriots OL Joe Thuney as a potential trade candidate if the Patriots get an outstanding offer and don’t think they’ll be able to re-sign him this offseason.