“People have a common misconception that I don’t love my old team,” Diggs said, via Sam Borden of ESPN.com. “I have nothing but love and respect for those guys. But where they were and where they were headed…in my eyes, it wasn’t going to be in the best interest of my career. As a receiver, if you want to have success, you’ve got to catch the ball. I’m not gonna say [they were] peeing on me and telling me that it’s raining. That’s a little bit harsh. But something like that. Once you don’t have trust with a person, it’s hard to do business.”
Dolphins HC Brian Flores said TE Mike Gesicki (shoulder) catching passes in Friday’s practice after being limited throughout the week has been “very encouraging.”
“It’s very encouraging. He’s doing everything he can,” said Flores, via Josh Tolentino.
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: RB Salvon Ahmed (shoulder), LB Jerome Baker (knee), G Ereck Flowers (ankle), TE Mike Gesicki (shoulder), WR Jakeem Grant (hamstring), S Bobby McCain (ankle), WR DeVante Parker (hamstring), LB Elandon Roberts (chest), LB Kyle Van Noy (hip)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Jets OLB Jordan Jenkins is scheduled to undergo surgery to repair a torn labrum and dislocated shoulder on Tuesday.
- Rapoport mentions that Jenkins has played through the injury since Week 3 and is expected to be healthy by the time free-agency starts.
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: WR Jamison Crowder (calf)
- Patriots’ QB Cam Newton praised WR N’Keal Harry after he made a big play by coming up with a great catch: “He’s getting better. He’s growing. It’s very promising to see a guy like N’Keal make a play like that. We’re going to need more.” (Doug Kyed)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: DT Adam Butler (shoulder), DT Byron Cowart (back), T Jermaine Eluemunor (ankle), K Nick Folk (back), DT Lawrence Guy (shoulder), RB Damien Harris (ankle), T Justin Herron (ankle), CB J.C. Jackson (knee), CB Jonathan Jones (neck), G Shaquille Mason (calf), WR Donte Moncrief (thigh), WR Matt Slater (knee), RB J.J. Taylor (quadricep), RB James White (foot)