- Albert Breer of SI pegs Bills’ QB coach Ken Dorsey and WR coach Chad Hall as possible replacements for OC Brian Daboll when he departs to take over the reins with another franchise.
- According to Breer, Daboll is the candidate with the most buzz right now for head-coaching jobs.
- Bills placed TE Tyler Kroft on the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Bills promoted TE Nate Becker, CB Dane Jackson, DE Mike Love and RB Antonio Williams to their active roster.
“I think he’s playing well,” Flores said of Lawson, via Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald. “I think he’s been able to pressure the quarterback and set the edge and do some good things in the run game. He’s been a big part of our defense this year and he brings great energy, and just as a teammate, he’s been great and as a student who’s someone that we’ve been able to coach, he’s been great.”
“He’s a big part of the team,” Flores said of Fitzpatrick. “I’m disappointed for him more than anything. I know how important this team is to him, but at the same time, we’ve dealt with adversity throughout the season, whether it’s COVID, injuries. We’ve had guys out multiple games and recently. We’ll just push forward and give our best effort on Sunday.”
- Dolphins LB Kamu Grugier-Hill was ruled out from Week 17 due to a non-COVID-19 related illness and he did not travel with team to Buffalo. (Josh Toletino)
- Albert Breer of SI mentions Titans’ OC Arthur Smith, Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh, and Iowa State HC Matt Campbell as potential head coach candidates for the Jets.
- Breer also says he likes the potential pairing of Oregon T Penei Sewell with T Mekhi Becton should the Jets decide to not draft a quarterback.
- Jets activated RG Greg Van Roten from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Jets waived K Sam Ficken.
- Jets promoted DL Tanzel Smart, LB Sharif Finch, LB Noah Dawkins and LB Brady Sheldon to their active roster.
“I’d love to return to New England,” Guy said, via Andrew Callahan of The Boston Herald. “I laid the roots already here, so if I’m able to do that, that would be amazing. New England has been a blessing to me, they’re very special to me, the community has helped me out a lot, and I’ve helped out the community.”
“Of course,” White said about wanting to return. “Like I said, nobody knows what the future holds, and only time will tell. But right now, the focus is going out there and trying to beat the Jets and finish off the season the right way.”
- Patriots placed RB Damien Harris on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Patriots promoted TE Rashod Berry, DB Michael Jackson, G Ross Reynolds, LB Cassh Maluia and G Ross Reynolds.