Broncos OC Pat Shurmur offered some praise for QB Drew Lock and the job he did leading them to a come-from-behind win last week.
“He showed great poise,” Shurmur said, via the Denver Post. “We learned from a couple weeks previous — you have to take what [the defense] gives you at times. . . . He executed well and he showed can he lead us to victory. He can build on that.”
- OUT for Week 9: CB A.J. Bouye (concussion)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 9: WR Diontae Spencer (shoulder)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: CB Bryce Callahan (ankle), RB Phillip Lindsay (foot), S Trey Marshall (illness), WR Tim Patrick (hamstring), TE Nick Vannett (foot)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 9: DE Joey Bosa (concussion), RB Troymaine Pope (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: S Jahleel Addae (hamstring), CB Brandon Facyson (illness), CB Casey Hayward (not injury related), DE Isaac Rochell (neck), G Trai Turner (groin)
- OUT for Week 9: T Mitchell Schwartz (back)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: DE Frank Clark (knee), WR Sammy Watkins (hamstring)
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden was asked about the last round of COVID-19 fines on Friday: “I’m just going to say very proud of our organization, how we’ve handled this entire protocol and entire process…believe we’re on the cutting edge. I’m just going to say [I’m] very proud of our organization, how we’ve handled this entire protocol and this entire process and I’m not going to comment any further than that. We, as I said last week, I believe we’re on the cutting edge of being the best in servicing players and I’ll leave it at that.” (Paul Gutierrez)
- When asked if he felt the Raiders were being singled out, Gruden said: “I’m really proud of the guys that I work with here. We’ve done a heck of a job. It’s very difficult, very difficult process and I stand by what we’re doing here. I believe we’re doing a heck of a job. We can always get better, and that’s obvious.” (Paul Gutierrez)
- Raiders owner Mark Davis also addressed the fines by saying: “There are protocols and they feel that we have violated them. That’s the fine they put down. There’s an appeal process and I don’t want to get into that too much. All I can say is that as an organization, we take it very seriously. We don’t slack off on it. Unfortunately, people from the outside are getting a false impression. I don’t know if we’re being made an example of or not. They’ve cited the violations and they’ve cited a fine for it. Are we being made an example of? I’m not going to make those determinations. But I do know how seriously we take the virus.” (Jerry McDonald)
- Albert Breer reports that Raiders’ T Trent Brown is back on the COVID-19 list and is still experiencing complications from the virus.
- Breer also reports that Brown will likely miss this week’s game against the Los Angeles Chargers.
- OUT for Week 9: DT Maurice Hurst (ankle), DE Arden Key (foot)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: S Jeff Heath (hip), RB Josh Jacobs (knee, illness), T Kolton Miller (ankle), CB Trayvon Mullen (hamstring)