Regarding the Broncos’ quarterbacks being inactive for Week 12’s game, Blake Bortles admitted that they were “in the wrong” and did not wear masks as mandated by the league.
“Obviously we were in the wrong. We didn’t have our masks on. It was a red flag. We made a mistake, had kind of a brain fart for a moment. What’s unfortunate is we’ve been really good all year as a quarterback group about wearing masks and our trackers,” said Bortles, via Mike Klis.
“I thought it was unfortunate. They handled it how they handled it. Wish it was different, wish we made a better decision and could have fixed it. All of us were wearing it, but you pull it down underneath your chin when you’re talking,” said Bortles, via Klis.
Bortles called their decision making a “lapse in judgment.”
“I think all of us were doing that at times, not pulling it back up and keeping it safe and secure the whole time where we had a lapse in judgment,” said Bortles, via Klis.
- Broncos HC Vic Fangio said Demar Dotson will continue starting at right tackle. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Fangio praised Broncos QB Drew Lock for his demeanor in practice this week: “He’s had a good focus, and a good purpose. I like his resolve and everybody sees that. We are working hard to have a good game on national TV and try to get this W.” (Troy Renck)
- Fangio expects Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy (ankle) and RB Phillip Lindsay (knee) to play in Week 13. (Legwold)
- Fangio also said that Broncos DE Shelby Harris will play on a limited snap count in Week 13 after missing the last four games due to COVID-19: “We’ll get him in and out of there a bunch.”
- OUT for Week 13: S Trey Marshall (shin)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: WR Jerry Jeudy (ankle), RB Phillip Lindsay (knee), LB Malik Reed (shin)
Chargers’ CB Chris Harris shared his feelings about missing seven games so far this season with his new team while he dealt with a difficult foot injury.
“I think I was kinda downplaying what I had,” Harris said, via Gilbert Manzano of The Orange County Register. “It was definitely very severe. To be able to put that work in and really try to get back on the field, I think was major for me. Most guys would have been done for the year with the injury that I had. I was definitely motivated to try to do whatever I can to get back and help this team. It definitely sucked because I haven’t missed this many games ever in my career. Not being able to help the team definitely sucked. I was getting closer (to returning). I was still dealing with some pain. It was definitely improving, but you can’t go out there with a bad foot and play cornerback.”
- DOUBTFUL for Week 13: LB Denzel Perryman (back)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: RB Kalen Ballage (ankle), CB Casey Hayward (groin), DE Uchenna Nwosu (chest), WR Joe Reed (ribs)
“I thought he was trash,” Hill said, via Inside the NFL. “I ain’t gonna cap. I ain’t gonna cap. I ain’t even gonna cap, man. When he first got there I was like, this is who y’all drafted right here? This is who y’all drafted? Hey but look, he proved me into a whole complete, I don’t know. That second year, like his quarterback mechanics were different. It was like he was spending more time with his quarterback coach, spending more time with Coach Reid, like learning the offense. Dude was like different.”
- OUT for Week 13: LB Dorian O’Daniel (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire (illness)
Raiders DC Paul Guenther said he’s been impressed by practice squad DE Vic Beasley and feels he is a “very coachable” player.
“He’s got really good first-step quickness,” Guenther said, via Vic Tafur of The Athletic. “He’s really smart, he’s picked up the playbook. He doesn’t say a lot. He’s a very coachable guy, so he’s been pleasure to add and hopefully we get him up here in short order.”
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said that RB Josh Jacobs (ankle) and S Johnathan Abram (knee) DL Clelin Ferrell (COVID-19) have been ruled out of Sunday’s game. (Adam Schefter)
- Gruden said he is not sure if Jacobs and Abram will return for Week 14 after being optimistic about their availability this Sunday: “I was optimistic they would be able to play Sunday … but I was wrong. I’ve been wrong a lot lately.” (Vic Tafur)
- OUT for Week 13: S Johnathan Abram (knee), DT Maliek Collins (hamstring, ankle), RB Josh Jacobs (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 13: DT Maurice Hurst (ankle, calf), CB Isaiah Johnson (groin), CB Trayvon Mullen (illness)