- Per Mary Kay Cabot, Browns RB Duke Johnson was not at voluntary OTA’s for the second straight day.
- Browns HC Freddie Kitchens said he’d be lying if he said he wasn’t disappointed: “I want everybody here. Because I do think it’s important to be here. But it’s their option.” (Tony Grossi)
- Browns WR Odell Beckham missed the second day of OTA’s after attending the first. (Cabot)
- Kitchens said he’s not worried about Beckham being present until activities start becoming mandatory. (Nate Ulrich)
- In his first comments to Cleveland media since being signed, Browns RB Kareem Hunt said he promised GM John Dorsey he’ll never let another incident like when he was seen on video kicking a woman happen again: “I’ve got to earn everybody’s trust” (Cabot)
- Hunt said he’s been going to high schools and talking to students about his mistakes because he didn’t have anyone like that when he was that age: “You guys have to make smart decisions… Think before you act.” (Kimberley Martin)
- Hunt added he hasn’t reached out to the woman he harmed but said he would apologize if he was given the chance. (Cabot)
- Hunt told reporter’s he had to prove through his actions that his words are sincere. (Martin)
- When asked why he didn’t tell the Chiefs about the incident, Hunt said: “I tried to tell them as much as possible.” (Martin)
Chargers OL coach Pat Meyer said G Forrest Lamp will get “every opportunity” to earn a starting role in 2019 and compete for time at left and right guard.
“He’ll get reps with the ones,” Meyer said, via Chris Hayre of the team’s official site. “We’ll split reps with the ones, split reps with the twos. I’ll flip him [to the] right [and] left side. We’ll compete there and if things work out like I think they will, I think he’ll be fine being inside.”
Chargers GM Tom Telesco believes a “full offseason” will be good for Forrest after missing last year’s offseason program with an ACL injury.
“Having that full offseason under your belt is big, and that’s what Forrest will have this year,” Telesco said. “Last year, Forrest was rehabbing the whole offseason. … The good thing is he got a ton of snaps in practice this [past] year and got a lot of work, and he looks great.”
Dolphins QB Josh Rosen is still trying to get his bearings following his whirlwind trade to Miami three weeks ago.
“Yeah, my head is swimming,” Rosen said via Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post. “But I think a lot of that is just trying to weather the storm as much as you can. It’ll get better a little bit each day. … I think we’re getting better, step by step, trying to break down this offense so I can focus more on playing football than playing against myself.”
- Dolphins CB Eric Rowe has a good chance of winning the No. 2 corner job, per Flores: “Eric is smart, tough, has a lot of athletic ability. He’s tall, good speed, tackles (well). There are a lot of things we like about him.”
- Per Jackson, CB Bobby McCain will likely only play slot cornerback, as his passer rating allowed is more than 20 points lower in the slot than on the boundary.
- Jackson says CB Cordrea Tankersley might start the season on the PUP list and likely needs a good training camp to make the roster.
- The Dolphins ended their visit with DE Connor Barwin with no deal, but he remains an option going forward. (Jackson)