- Mary Kay Cabot reports that Browns S Damarious Randall is out of town getting a second opinion on his knee. According to Cabot, Randall’s knee locked up on him before their preseason game last week.
Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski, who has been expected to sign a restructured contract, said he isn’t focused on what’s going on with his current deal.
“It is what it is,” Gronkowski said, via Pro Football Talk. “That’s not really my focus. I got a long season ahead and just trying to focus on what I need to really do and just let everything else play out.”
- Mike Reiss doesn’t view Dez Bryant as a likely option for the Patriots, even though they could use some depth at receiver.
- Reiss lists Michael Floyd (Saints), Brandon LaFell, Bernard Reedy (Buccaneers), Tommylee Lewis (Saints), Tanner McEvoy, Corey Coleman (Bills) and Leonte Carroo (Dolphins) as potential options to watch for New England.
- Patriots rookie RB Sony Michael (knee) is still limited, according to RBs coach Ivan Fears: “He’s still under doctors’ care. They haven’t totally freed him up for us to do everything with him, so we’re doing everything we possibly can to keep him up to date.” (Kevin Duffy)
- Adam Schefter reports that teams are watching the Ravens’ kicker situation closely to see what they do with undrafted free agent Kaare Vedvik, who has impressed as a kicker and punter during training camp.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said that rookie OL Greg Senat has turf toe and will miss a good bit of time. Harbaugh added that it’s up to GM Ozzie Newsome whether they’ll place Senat on injured reserve in the coming days. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- According to Harbaugh, Ravens rookie CB DeShon Elliott is expected to miss the 2018 season with a broken forearm. (Jeff Zrebiec)