- According to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, if the Browns decide to make a coaching change they will at the very least consult former Ohio State HC Urban Meyer, who is close with owner Jimmy Haslem.
- La Canfora adds it’s not out of the question Meyer could be a candidate for the Browns job himself, as he has strong ties to the state of Ohio.
- Despite saying he has no interest in returning to coaching, Meyer has been linked to the Cowboys potential opening and sources say he’s privately giving off signals that he is indeed interested.
- Browns WR Odell Beckham will see a specialist on January 13 to discuss his “hernia-like” injury and decide on whether to have surgery. (Josina Anderson)
- Ian Rapoport mentions that the Browns are leaning toward bringing back HC Freddie Kitchens for the 2020 season.
- According to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, extending LT Ronnie Stanley and CB Marlon Humphrey will be on the to-do list for the Ravens this offseason.
- However, La Canfora says it’s up in the air if the deals actually happen since Stanley still has the fifth-year option and Humphrey might want to wait until after Rams CB Jalen Ramsey resets the market.
- Ravens RB Mark Ingram left Sunday’s game with a calf injury. However, HC John Harbaugh said Ingram has “no structural issues” and will undergo an MRI among other tests tomorrow. (Ian Rapoport)
- Adam Schefter reports that Ingram did, in fact, suffer a calf strain on Sunday.
- Ravens S Earl Thomas tells Josina Anderson that he expects to practice next week, but he does not plan to play in Week 17’s game.
Despite a stop in the medical tent to check out a right ankle injury, Texans QB Deshaun Watson says he’s fine coming out of Saturday’s 23-20 win against the Buccaneers. The Texans clinched a playoff spot with the win and are locked into playing in the AFC wildcard round, where Watson doesn’t expect his injury to be a factor.
“No, I’m just fine,” Watson said via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “I was able to finish the game and deal with what I had to deal with. I’m all good. I’m definitely going to enjoy it. I’m healthy. We got the W, off [Sunday], family coming to town, it’s Christmas time. I’m going to sit back and relax and watch some football.”