- According to Ian Rapoport, the Chargers were among the teams to place a waiver claim for LB Tanner Vallejo. However, the Cardinals had the higher waiver priority.
Dolphins’ recently hired HC Brian Flores said he wants to play “multiple” defensive schemes and to “change looks” to keep teams off balance, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.
Dolphins GM Chris Grier admits it will be “more challenging” to put together a front seven for their defensive line that can play in either a 4-3 or 3-4 system.
“It’s a little bit of a challenge because you are always looking for different pieces and parts, but a lot of teams bounce back and forth,” Grier said. “It will be a little bit of a project in terms of finding those pieces. There are some pieces here. [Flores] said he likes some of our pieces obviously going against us a couple years, especially some of the offensive pieces he liked a lot.”
- According to Field Yates, the Dolphins are hiring former NFL WR Tiquan Underwood as their offensive quality control coach.
- Cimini believes the Jets should re-sign veteran CB Morris Claiborne.
- Regarding DE Henry Anderson, Cimini writes that he could end up being a “square-peg, round-hole” for the Jets in their new defensive scheme, which is why he’ll likely get a better offer from someone else.
- Cimini says New York would be smart to try to re-sign CB Darryl Roberts, who could end up garnering interest from the Buccaneers.