- Adam Teicher mentions that he expects the Chiefs’ receiving corps to be much improved this year over the 2014 unit.
- Even though Sean McGrath would have been a quality No. 3 tight end for the Chiefs, Teicher mentions the fact that he quit on the team probably prevented them from signing him to a contract.
- Michael DiRocco predicts the Jaguars will be 4-3 by their Week 8 bye, which includes victories over Panthers, Buccaneers, Texans, and Bills.
- DiRocco still expects Denard Robinson to receive a few carries per game and could see the Jaguars using him and Toby Gerhart on the field at the same time.
- DiRocco rules out the possibility of Jeff Tuel supplanting Chad Henne for the backup quarterback job.
- According to DiRocco, the decision to claim Tuel off of waivers was designed to push Stephen Morris.
- DiRocco expects the Jaguars start Demetrius McCray and Davon House at outside cornerback with Aaron Colvin operating as their nickelback.
- Interestingly enough, DiRocco says he’s been “pleasantly surprised” with Toby Gerhart in OTAs, as he’s reportedly looked like he did before the injuries.
- DiRocco wonders if second-year WR Marqise Lee could end up becoming another Cecil Shorts, who battled injuries during his time in Jacksonville.
- DiRocco doesn’t consider Stefen Wisniewski to be a lock to start at center over Luke Bowanko.
- Paul Kuharsky mentions that WR Justin Hunter looks good right now, but he’s not predicting big things for him in 2015 after his disappointing 2014 season.
- According to Kuharsky, Dick LeBeau‘s influence on the team is evident in players looking a lot more confident and how loud the team has been during practices.